Losing weight is not as easy as calories in vs calories out, there are a whole lot of factors that affect weight loss a great deal. Fat cutters, supplements, pills come with their own side effects and should we even highlight the fact they are not safe for everyone. And that’s why, it’s best to look at natural ways to get rid of extra fat in the body, and if you have been thinking about losing weight to get healthier and lighter, read about some of the 10 Best options to lose weight naturally.
1. Pick the Right Weight Loss Diet: When trying to lose weight, a lot of us want to see results quickly, and often fall into the trap of fad diets and gimmicky fat burners that hardly work. What would actually bring long-term results is by getting on a healthy weight loss diet plan (such as on Rati Beauty app) that would help you to shed extra pounds by putting you on meal plans that are healthy, delicious, and wholesome and of course, a treat to eat (not your regular diet food!). So, do check them on the Rati Beauty app.
2. Combine Diet and Exercise Together: Weight loss is based on this one important rule – 80% diet and 20% exercise. Weight loss would only materialize by getting into a calorie deficit – taking in fewer calories than one can burn per day. A calorie deficit of 500 is often considered ideal by fitness experts and dieticians Of course, you can burn calories through exercise (up to 500 calories with high intensity strenuous workouts), but wouldn’t it be much more easier to cut out certain high-calorie foods (sweets, chocolates, ice cream, biscuits) that are responsible for quickly adding up extra calories at the end of the day. So, if you are trying to cut down 600 calories per day, you can cut 300 or more by eating the right diet and 300 by working out and building muscle. Also, exercise helps to boost metabolism, develop muscles, and tone the whole body, which would not happen with diet alone, so combine both diet and exercise to accelerate fat burn.
3. Avoid Processed Food: Such food are high in calories, sugar, sodium, along with loads of preservatives, and of course, most of them are made from refined flour. Sweets, candies, chocolates, biscuits, cookies, fast food, sweet beverages, colas, etc. that offer little to zero nutritional value to the body come under processed food and a major reason behind quick weight gain.
4. Give up Refined Sugar: When you give up added sugar in diet, you can not only prevent type 2 diabetes, you can lose weight as well. If one consumes more sugar, the body will convert it to fat and store it in tissues as layers. By cutting down sugar, you will not be providing the body fuel for fat storage (glucose) and with just a bit of exercise and a healthy dieting routine, you would be able to shed weight really well and get your dream body and goal weight quickly.
5. Sleep for 7 to 8 Hours Every Night: Good sleep and weight loss have strong links, and when you compromise on your sleeping hours, you are sabotaging the body’s ability to burn fat. Sleeping for only 4 or 5 hours per night triggers the production of ghrelin (hunger hormone) and lowers the levels of leptin (fullness hormone). Getting sound sleep also boosts metabolism and lowers the production of stress hormone. So, sleep your way to weight loss instead of binging on Netflix/amazon Prime and spending hours together social media, making it difficult for you to fall asleep peacefully. Keep the gadgets and phone away one hour prior to sleep and see for yourself how your diet and exercise bear fruits quickly.
6. HIIT: It stands for high intensity interval training, and the amazing thing is that even with half an hour of HIIT, one can burn calories throughout the day. Here are “7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.”
7. Say Yes to H2O: We often confuse thirst signals with hunger and reach out for food when in fact, we are just thirsty. So, the next time around when you feel a hunger pang that’s out of schedule, don’t reach out for a chocolate bar or doughnut, reach out for a glass of water and sip on, and the pangs will disappear.
8. Fill Half of your Plate Vegetables: Filling half of your plate with nutrient-dense vegetables and you would realize that you can get full without adding up a lot of calories to your diet.
9. Chew Food Slowly: When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require. Our brain takes around 20 minutes to register that we are now full and there’s no more need to consume more food, so if you chew slowly, you can actually reach the satiation point during the eating process itself and stop yourself from piling on extra pounds.
10. Switch up the Protein and Fiber in Daily Diet: A diet that’s high in protein and fiber helps to increase the levels of the satiety hormones, reduces appetite, and for faster weight loss. Since fiber and protein do not cause insulin spikes, they lessen the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body. Find high protein and fiber diets on the Rati Beauty app.
20 Clever Ways to Train your Brain to Resist Junk Food
How To Reprogram your Taste Buds to Like Healthy Food